Skip to main content

Angel’s 20th Anniversary by EW

 

Angel was released 20 years ago. The show was created by Joss Whedon and David Greenwalt whom wanted to tell the story of redemption fo Angel, a vampire with a soul.

Angel moved to L.A. from Sunnnydale to start off a new life and walk his redemption after he has met the love of his life, Buffy. Cordelia Chase is one of the persons he mets when he sets in the big city and she encourages him to earn some money when he is saving people from vampires in the dark and dangerous streets of Los Angeles.

Doyle is the person who contacts Angel in first place. He tries by all manners of means to convince Angel to accept his destiny as one the leading roles on the Apocalypse. Angel will always question himself his part of that profecy.




The Characters

Cordelia Chase. Young lady from Sunnydale, She is trying to make herself a name as an actress but destiny has other plans for her and ends up helping Angel with his missions on keeping streets of L.A. clean of vampires and supernatural creatures. Heart of the show.

Doyle. One of this super-natural creatures from Ireland. He tries to help Angel and Cordelia on their missions.

Gunn. A young dark-skinned boy who patrols his neighbourhood at night together with his fellas to keep clean and save the streets of where they live: L.A.’s suburb. The muscle, the fighter.

Wesley. A rogue demon hunter with large experience on hunting and killing all kind of mystical creatures. His path in the gang is not easy but yet very interesting and surprising.

Fred. This young lady is rescued from a hell-dimension and brought into the gang. She is smart and physicist. She will have a long an interesting evolution.

Lorne. An empath demon who reads people when they sing. He owns a bar in L.A. called Caritas. He is going to give some laughter and light to the show. Also some music and love to the dark of the characters and their stories.

Connor. Angel’s son. The impossible is possible. He is a cute baby until….. You will have to watch the show to know. He has a nice twist on the last season.

Spike. Another vampire with soul. Spike came second on having a soul and he does it for a lady who is mentioned sometimes along the show. Buffy. He has known Angel for centuries.

Harmony. A sparkling vampire. Angel’s secretary on Season 5. You should watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel to understand her whole evolution.

The Unexepected Ending

Angel endend abruptly. Producers, creators and writers had very little time to wrap up the story so the ending is kind of awkard. Some people like it, some other don’t. I definitely don’t like it for many reasons – but this is not the place and moment to write about it.

Entertainment Weekly Anniversary

Last March EW released an special issue for Angel TV Series’s Anniversary. For many and most fans, I guess, who have followed and watched the show along these years must have been a dream come true. I thought it was mine as well, until I watched and read it.

What a botched job!.

It is clear they recorded a lot of hours of interviews with the cast members and David Greenwalt – why was not Joss Whedon there?. But the editing afterwards was poor and it was too clear they left out too many good stuff.

Yet the article on EW paper edition is not much better. Joss Whedon shares some highlights of the show, the message behind. But still, it is a very poor tribute to the show.

As a Lorne fan I feel like I was left out, no one ever mention him on the whole time and Amy was the only one who really mentioned Andy for a second but he was treated like he was a guest in the show.

Ruth Kinane’s article just mentions Lorne as a little tale in the show.

The truth is Andy was recurring for two seasons until he became regular on season 4. EW seems not to remember that, seems like Lorne was a not-important character when in fact he was one of the most loved characters. Now and then.

So that means a little mention it’s not enought when in fact Lorne and Andy was a very important part of the show, Buffyverse and heart’s fans. Because of this poor treatment from part of the world that will never understand what Lorne offered (and/or could offered) and Andy’s potential as an actor. Lorne and Andy will always be one of the most underrated characters and actors.

So for all the above, Angel’s 20th anniversary is a sad year. One more reason to be nostalgic not happy or proud of what the show became because some editors decided Lorne was not important. You can watch EW’s video here

Andy Hallett‘s tenth anniversary was also this year. Maybe those who met him, who had the chance to work or had a personal relationship with him prefer to forget he was gone so long ago because it hurst too much. I can understand that.


Popular posts from this blog

Angela Sorensen "He made the cutest,most genuine smile I have ever seen".

Angela's experience with Andy is something I can relate a lot to. If I ever had the chance to meet Andy, it would have probably been kinda similar. I thank her for sharing and sending all the photos. Please enjoy reading: " Back in 2005, I had attended my first convention. It was a Wizard World convention in Chicago, and I went for one reason, and one reason only: Amber Benson. Amber played Tara from my favorite TV show Buffy, and at the time I had just learned that these sorts of things even existed. So when I heard about it, obviously I had to go. So I went, met Amber, and it was amazing. I was hooked! Needless to say, when I was reading my Buffy & Angel magazines and seeing ads about official conventions for JUST Buffy and Angel, I knew I had to find one close enough that I could attend. And that would end up being the Motor City Buffy Con in Ypsilanti Michigan. The first ad I ever saw for the convention, before Andy was even added to the guest list!  I can

Your opinion and help is needed: Please Read.

You might heard a rumour that I want to build a community around Andy Hallett. Yes, that little one that he used to have back in the day. Is there anything better than having a site where you can vent yourself and share moments, laughs and cons with other people that feel exact the same?. I can tell there is not. Maybe too ambitious but that's why I am trying to. And because I am very active person and want to keep improving this site,  I need you to answer a little poll down below, 100% anonymous, no collecting emails in this, just your opinion. Once you've completed, please pass on to another fans . Thank you endleslly for your help.🙇 P.S. Don't forget we have Andy's Birthday on Saturday 4th Augus t!! Join me for a big Online Party! More info Here. Cargando... Ginny xx

This Is Me - Song of the Month

Nothing to do with Andy, but if you read me regular, you know that for some reason this song will be connected. Camp Rock is one of my favourite movies. This kind of things didn't happen when I was a kid, or at least, we didn't  get any in my country. Everytime I watch this movie (as well as High School Musical , though I prefer Camp Rock) it would remind me of my dreams when I was a teen, it would remind me of my love for music and everything connected with it. Just like this song would speak to the lethargic artist in me, Andy would remind me of all this and why I used to love the whole thing so much. Just like Andy did and still does, this song speaks all about my dreams and the person I hope I'll be someday. Maybe you feel the same, or maybe not. What I know for sure is Andy is the meaning of light and music that would speak to my heart and soul. What you think about this song and movie? What song reminds you of Andy?. Thanks for your comments! I very